Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Favourite Movie


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/

My favourite movie is “The Shawshank Redemption”. It was released in theatres in 1994. The movie was written and directed by Frank Darabont and based on the book by Stephen King.

The film is about the story of Andy Dufresne a banker played by Tim Robbins, who is sent to be imprisoned for two decades. The story takes place in Shawshank State Prison. During his sentence Andy becomes friends with a fellow inmate Ellis Redding "Red" played by Morgan Freeman. The story is about his struggle in the prison and with the help of his friend and his way with money he is able to survive.

This movie falls under the drama category because it is about Andy’s struggle and problems in jail and life and how he overcomes it. Some scenes show allot of drama, from the characters and the environment the prisoners are in

I liked this film allot and thought it grabbed me and held my interest through to the end. The director did an excellent job of portraying the life as a prisoner in Shawshank and what the character was going through. As you were watching the movie the emotions from the actors helped make the film not only interesting but feeling the same emotions. This is a very solid and compelling movie. I would recommend it and it is truly my favorite movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment